If you want to know what type of personality your senior loved ones have, there are a lot of personality tests online that will help give you an idea. You can help them complete an online personality test by reading to them the question and selecting their responses based on the given choices. This is important so you can select a Noosa aged care facility that caters to their needs based on their personality types.
If your senior loved ones typically love to entertain visitors and feel low when they have no interaction with others, it is safe to assume that they are extroverts. They are typically energised by other people and enjoy spending time with others. Making eye contact when speaking, smiling even to strangers are typical signs of seniors who are extroverts.
However, it is best if they undergo a personality test so you will really determine the type of personality they possess. If the online personality test revealed that your seniors are extroverts, choosing a Noosa aged care facility will now be a breeze.
Below are a few ways on how a Noosa aged care facility should care for extroverted seniors:
1. Give Them Time to Talk. Talking about almost everything is a surefire sign that a senior is extrovert. Since they enjoy being with others, allowing them to share their ideas and suggestions will greatly help them cope better.
2. Physical and Verbal Gestures. Extroverts are mostly vocals and they would expect to hear words of affection. Gestures of affection is also a thing for extroverts so remember to tell the aged care staff to pat your seniors in the back when they accomplished a task or hold their hands when they feel anxious.
3. Let them Shine. Extroverts thrive on attention. They feel recharged whenever they lead a group to do something. The aged care Noosa has today should encourage them to shine and to lead when they feel enthusiastic about an activity.
4. Compliment them in Public. As mentioned above, extroverts love attention. That is why when they do something good or accomplish a good job, make sure to let them know in front of everyone. It will definitely boost their morale and encourage them to be more productive and cooperative.
5. They Love Surprises. Even a small unexpected gift will go a long way for extrovert people. It will make them feel more valued and will help lessen their worries in staying in a Noosa nursing home away from their families and comfort zones.
6. Promote their independence. Extroverts have a way of doing things based on their creativity and ingenuity. They would appreciate it if the staff in an aged care facility allows them to be as independent as possible.
The above are just a few ways that a Noosa old aged care facility should address the needs of extrovert seniors. Before choosing an aged care facility, make sure to ask if the centre is equipped with trained personnel to handle various personality types. This will ensure that your senior loved ones will be exposed to activities that will further energise them and help them transition to a care facility with ease.