Not many people can get to experience owning their very own homes. Some start out as renters and some even opt to live on tiny mobile homes just to be free from home mortgage payments. How you acquired your home is not important. It is the way you embellish your living space that truly transforms your home into your very own personalised space. One way to achieve this is to have custom made curtains for your home.
When deciding on the right curtains for your home, there are a lot of things you need to also consider. Below are a few suggestions you can try so your living space will truly be one of a kind and will stand out from the rest:
- Curtain Length. This is actually dependent on the type and size of your windows. Do you have French windows? Do you plan to have plantation bay windows instead? Make sure that the custom made curtains for your home will be appropriate for your window style.
- Height. If you want your ceiling to appear higher, hang your curtain panels higher than the window. The standard height is 6 inches above the window frame but if you want to achieve a more dramatic effect, you can hang it a little bit higher.
- Color. Your choice of curtain colour will depend on the overall theme you want to accomplish for your interiors. Do you plan to make your interiors feel cozy? You can opt for dark-couloured curtains to achieve that look. If you want your interiors to appear spacious and airy, then translucent curtains can help make your space larger. It will also help bring natural light inside your home. This is ideal for small spaces and during the spring and summer months when you want to take advantage of natural sunlight gracing your interiors.
- Pattern. It depends on the room you want to decorate. Are you styling your living room or bedroom? Or are you adding curtains to your sink windows? If the size of your window is a bit small, like kitchen windows or tiny home windows you can opt for bold patterns to make the window appear larger. The pattern you choose for your window will also enhance the overall theme so make sure that if you already have patterns on your walls, your curtains should have minimal patterns that would complement all the other interior elements.
- Embellishments. When you search online, you can find various curtain embellishments that you can use for your curtains. Again, it depends on the overall theme of your home. You can select from any of these sample embellishments below and determine if they would look good for your curtains.
- Stamped shapes and a lot more.
- Curtain Material. The fabric you choose for your curtains will depend on the purpose you want them to serve. Do you want to block out the sun? Then a heavy fabric will do the trick. Do you want to bring more natural light inside? Sheer fabrics are best for this purpose. If you want to keep the cold out during winter months, you cab select tapestry, velvet, suede, or tweed.
The above are just a few tips you ought to consider when you plan to have custom made curtains by Pull my String for your home. When choosing the right curtains for your home, always consider the overall theme so all elements are tied together in a harmonious way. Make sure to take note of these tips so your curtain shopping experience will be a breeze. You may also visit http://www.pullmystring.com.au/our-services/ for more details.